Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Happy Times

God in Heaven but this election campaign is depressing. I appreciate that by following it mostly on Twitter I may well be getting a skewed vision of it, but has there ever been an election campaign that has been as uninspiring, and apparently mostly in bad faith as this one? In no particular order, here is a non-exhaustive list of the things that are actively making me miserable:
  • Every time I hear the Tories talking about the SNP;
  • Every time I hear anyone else saying that the Tories talking about the SNP is 'demeaning' or 'anti-Scottish';
  • Every time I see that the new Tory policy offer is another uncosted spending pledge;
  • Every time Ed Miliband makes foreign policy capital about reneging on the Syria vote;
  • Every time I see Alastair fucking Campbell saying anything at all;
  • Every time someone English says they wish they could vote SNP;
  • Every time I hear the SNP mentioned in any context;
  • Every time I see poor old Nick Clegg's wee face;
  • Every time one of those stupid pictures with more stupid words on it goes viral;
  • Every time someone shroud-waves the NHS;
  • Every time Ed Miliband makes foreign policy capital about drowning migrants;
  • Every time I realise that the little scrote will probably be Prime Minister in two and a bit weeks.
Just for balance, here's a full list of the things that are making me happy:
  • Ruth Davidson
At least we're nearly there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home