1. The sting in it is going to be less about higher-rate taxpayers losing their child benefit payments, and more about families with two just-not-higher-rate taxpayers managing to keep theirs.
2. Something will probably done to mitigate the impression that stay-at-home wives are being specially disadvantaged – probably some form of transferrable allowance.
3. The Government will wheel this out repeatedly as their primary example of us all being in this together.
4. Labour will find it hard to go beyond a generic criticism about how this cut is being implemented.
5. Jeeze, this cuts malarkey is going to be unpopular…