Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Apologies

I've been outrageously busy over the last few dys, so apologies for not posting. I will try and get cak going, but by way of a taster, I noticed this at Portfolio. I appreciate that economic concerns might have taken a bit of a back seat in Zimbabwe just at present (of which more later) but the figures are, um, interesting.
Comparing Old Mutual's share price in London and Harare, Josh Giersch concludes that there are now 35 billion Zimbabwean dollars to one US dollar - up from a mere 17 billion on Friday. Which would put annualized inflation, he says (I haven't checked his math) at 430,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000%. May as well just round it up to the nearest billion quadrillion quadrillion, at this rate.
Yikes. We're going to have to start inventing new numbers.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home